Tassel is the most popular thing which is using in many projects and different things. You can see them in jewelry, dresses, key chains, handbags, and many more things. Everyone who loves tassels to use in their routine life and want to create by him or herself, this article is for you.
In this article, we are explaining that how to make a tassel with embroidery thread. We have two most effortless methods for you, but before describing them, we want to share some ideas regarding how many ways you can use the tassels.
Eight ways to Make a Tassel
There are numerous ways to use tassels, but we are sharing eight top ways to use tassels.
- Tassels are a fantastic object if you are a jewelry lover, so use tassels and make your classy earrings, necklaces, and bracelet. Use different colors of tassels and various pairs of jewelry for you and your friends.
- Use tassels for decorating dresses. They look so lovely in dresses; if you have a good embroidery machine, embroider your dress with a beautiful design and add tassels to increase dress beauty. And don’t worry about the patterns you can download for free from any website.
- Are you fading up with losing your keys again and again? Attach the colorful tassels with your keys and save you from this headache. They look so adorable when they are hanging on bags.
- Use them in decorating your little one-bedroom, especially if you have a baby girl; it’s a fantastic idea to make her happy. Decorate her bedroom’s back wall with a bunch of tassels; you can decorate her mirror as well. Whenever she looks in the mirror, she must say, “I love you, mom.”
- Using tassels in your home décor, you can embellish your bedsheets, cushion covers, table covers, and many more. Attaching the colorful tassels with the edge of bad sheets is another good idea. You can connect them with a table cover and place it on your best embroidery machine‘s table.
- It can be used for wrapping napkins on the table and for folding curtains as well.
- You can use them in your art and craft project and give them a craftier look.
- Do you have a tiny baby in your home, and is he in the learning process? Use tassels of different colors and teach him the colors’ names.
For knowing more ideas, you can explore different websites.
Now it’s time to turn towards the tutorial on making tassels.
Method # 1
In this method, we teach you an old way to make tassels.
- Embroidery thread
- A cardboard
- A scissors
Take a skein of embroidery thread, take two ten inches of floss from it, then wrap the rest on cardboard. Tassel’s length depends on cardboard’s size, so cut off cardboard in your desired length of the tassel. Now take the embroidery thread of the inches and fold it in half and insert it in the loops wrapping thread. After that, make a knot on the loop and tighten.
Now take out the tread from cardboard, take another 10 inches of thread, fold it on top of the tassel after leaving the space of ½ inch, fold it until two inches left, then make a final knot, then trim from the bottom. Now your tassel is ready to use.
Method # 2
It’s a rapid and easy method.
- Embroidery thread
- A scissors
- A ribbon
It’s super fast and easy to do the method. Take a skein of embroidery thread and take two five inches of floss from it, then make a knot on the top of the skein after leaving ½ inch and do the same to the bottom of the thread.
Cut it off from the middle now you have two tassels. Take the ribbon and fold it on the knot and cut it after 5 to 6 wraps, then take glue and stick the ribbon strongly. Do this with both tassels. Your small and cute tassels are ready.
If you want a thicker tassel, take a skein of embroidery thread, then take two ten inches long floss from it then make a knot in the middle of the skein. Fold it in half and wrap the other 10 inches of thread on the top of the skein after leaving ½ inches and stick the end of the thread with glue, trim extra threads from the bottom. Your thicker tassel is ready.
Practice these methods and be the expert of tassels. For buying embroidery thread, you search any excellent online store, and there are many websites selling embroidery thread with good customer support.